Friday, April 17, 2009

Natural Catfish Bait

This post is for the novice catfishermen or "catfishchics" out there. I am by no means an expert at catfishing, but I sure do love it! I am here to exchange information and to promote fishing. I have been fishing for many years now. I enjoy loading up the truck in the evenings with my tackle, bait, my dog, and the kids in the neighborhood that are willing to go with me. I enjoy baiting my hooks and just waiting for that bite. Today, I would like to talk about the different types of bait that I use. Catfish love to bite on a bunch of different things. Of course. you just have to try them and see what your local catfish are biting. I would also like to mention that you should try to notice things in the fish's enviroment for natural bait. If you see a bunch of mayflies on the water and the fish are feeding on them, then hey, why not bait your hook with the mayflies and see if the catfish bite. That is just a example. They also will feed on grasshoppers, crickets, beetles, worms/nightcrawlers, crawfish/crawdads, shrimp, just to name a few. You may find something else, you never know until you look. Please stick around for more on baits in my next post, Household Baits. Thanks!

Happy Fishing!
Catfishchic
http://www.catfishchicsfishingstore.com

Catfish are so beautiful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment