Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Update And Some Changes

Hello, I hope all of you are doing well. It has been quite sometime since you last heard from me. My last post was about Gus's birth. Now Gus is three years old and he is still a marvelous blessing. We still have yet to get the green light from Daddy to go fishing. I know it would be fine to take him, but Daddy worries. I am working on it. So what have I been doing for the last three years? Well, I have been learning how to improve my gardening skills, preserving food by dehydrating, canning, long-term food storage. I have also been working on developing a seed collection. I have learned to bake my own bread. I have learned survival skills like starting a fire without a lighter or matches. I have also become more involved in our political system. I was really lacking in that department, but the current administration woke me up to the fact that I can no longer be ignorant of politics, and to get involved. The reason that I have become interested in all of these things that I mentioned, my husband has been on a roller coaster ride with his employment. He was working steady for years then he was laid off due to company downsizing. Then this became a pattern, he would find a job and then a few months later he would be let go because the company had to reduce their payroll. We live in a small town in a rural county, so these are small companies that are doing the best that they can to survive in this hard economy. ObamaCare is squeezing them hard, so they have to let go of folks to cut their opperating cost. Anyway, I have had to learn how to run a household on a limited to non-existant income. I know that most of you are following me because this blog was about fishing, and most of you may not like the new direction that this blog is going. I feel too boxed in and limited, running it solely as a fishing blog. So I have decided to include all of my interests into this blog. I am hoping that you will find something here that interest you too. You just never know what I may post here, it will depend on if I think that it will help someone. I do not wish to loose anyone of ya's, but I understand if you skeedaddle on me. I wish you all the best! Big hugs to ya's, Catfishchic

No comments:

Post a Comment